Saturday, August 9, 2014

Home and Awake and Blogging!...Also, War Horse!

*sits up in bed* I'M AWAKE. *checks clock* Cuss.

It's only 4am. AAAAAAHHHHRHGASHDF. I much prefer the jet lag going to England, not coming back. Why am I awake?! Man, I'm going to be so tired tonight....

Anywho, clearly I made it back safe! But I'll devote a whole post to that lovely travel day. For now, let's just continue in order until the time comes, shall we?

Last week, Thursday!

Just like every Thursday, we went to class and learned things, and also received MORE cash! Like, a lot more cash. >:D Mwaaahahaha! In keeping with my "this money is already spent" philosophy, guess what I did? :D Guess! :D I BOUGHT A LES MIS TICKET!!! :D :D :D

I did it, I did! I bought one! A nice one too, only 13 rows back, practically center down in the stalls. :D I handed the nice lady my money and got that precious, precious piece of paper back. I WAS GOING TO SEE LES MIS ON STAGE!!! IN LONDON!!! Needless to say, I was very excited. The ticket was for the Wednesday matinee, our last night in London, so Les Mis would be my last goodbye to London. Perfect.

But before we went and bought those tickets, we went with friends to this pancake house called My Old Dutch (yep, I finally got around to going there Kate and Madeleine!). It was soooo yummy!



I don't know if this picture does it justice. Can you SEE how huge that is?! It wasn't unlike a crepe, and it came with bananas, strawberries, ice cream, and nutella. :D Heaven in a pastry.

With Dutch pancake eaten and Les Mis ticket bought, we headed back to the flat to hang out until we had to leave to see War Horse!


The stage! Great seat, right? Ok, so this play was absolutely incredible. It was heavy on the sentiment and I still don't really care for Albert, but the horses! Oh man, I can't even describe how incredible they were. I'll try and find a video that shows them off...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEdu6MXxYAQ

This is the best one I've seen so far. The puppeteers have the mannerisms down perfectly. It was jaw-dropping to watch. And I love war stories, so it was really sad (so, fun for me. I know its weird) to watch. Afterwards we went to Scoop for gelato and had some great discussions about the play. Mmmm...gelato. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment