Saturday, August 9, 2014

Tourist Day!

Friday!

Tourist Day! We had nothing on the schedule as a group, and we didn't feel like planning (or paying for) a trip to Bath or somewhere else, so we stayed in London and had a day devoted to be touristy. :D We watched the changing of the guard, then went down to Portobello Road market. I loved this market! It's mostly antique stuff, which was awesome. I bought some stuff but...I can't say quite yet what it is, because its a present for peoples. :D Just know that it is old and awesome!


 
My view of the changing of the guard. Not great, but at least now I can say I saw it. :]
 

 
Mini pecan pie!!!

 
Look at that huge bumblebee!!


 
 We talked Malori into buying a deerstalker. Peer pressure is a beautiful thing. :D
Also look at these cool metal signs! I was so tempted to buy one.
 




Cat! He was so cute!


After the goodness that was Portobello Road, we rode a bus to Picadilly Circus. It was awesome! One of my regrets might be that I didn't take the bus more. After more shopping at Picadilly, we rode up to Camden market to finish off our souvenir and gift shopping.

 
It was a very productive day, if I may say. We finished it off with a spaghetti and garlic bread dinner that was super delicious. Seriously, that spaghetti sauce was so good.
 

Then we finished off the night by going to the Hyde Park flat and playing card games! Home rules Uno and Scum. We also arm wrestled, which was great fun. I held my own against the girls, though it was a tie between Alexis and I. MAN is that tiny girl strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment