Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Sherlockian Adventure!

Last Thursday! Here we go!

After a delicious and cheap lunch of Camden Market Chinese food, we decided to embark on our Sherlock site adventure! First stop, Baker St.!

This statue is right at the entrance/exit of the underground. Why Mr. Holmes, you're looking quite dapper today. :D

 
Sherlock Museum! I didn't stand in line to go in (1 1/2 HOUR WAIT and 7 pounds. Ya, no) but I did go through the gift shop, which was awesome.


The colors are so gorgeous!

 
Then we did the really exciting part--Gower St.! What is that, you ask? WELL it's only where they shot the exterior for the BBC Sherlock 221B!!! :D :D :D Malori, a fellow Sherlock enthusiast, squeaked and galloped/skipped across the street when she saw it. It was adorable.
 

GUYS. THE KNOCKER WAS CROOKED. :D
 

Sitting in Speedy's! Unfortunately it was closed for business, but they kindly offered to let us take pictures! So nice! So here's Malori and Alexis being way to excited to be in a restaurant that's not going to offer them any food. :P
 

 
There were a lot of production photos and celebrity photos with the owners on the walls. I was geeking out a bit.




 
Seeing a place that I've only seen on screen was so cool. Apparently, the black door was provided by BBC for the set, but then they decided to leave it there permanently. And people live in this building! A lady had to sneak by us to get in, so we got a glimpse inside! Not that that is important because they used a different set for the inside...but it was still cool. :]
 
After a lovely afternoon of Sherlock-ness, I came home and did much blogging. You're welcome. :] And we had to figure out bus tickets for Friday morning for our Dover day trip! Here's my ticket, all bought and ready to be picked up!
 
 
On to Dover!!

No comments:

Post a Comment