We packed up our stuff, gave a huge thank you to the owner of our hostel, and loaded onto the bus once again. We stopped at Windermere to go on a hike to Orrest Head, a breathtakingly beautiful viewpoint.
Half way up!
Ew! It's me. But here's a picture for you Mom to prove I've been there. :]
The view was completely spectacular. 360 degree view of the surrounding country, and the mist was surreal. Any and every view was beautiful.
After coming back down, we were sent into Windermere to hunt down some lunch. I bought an ice cream cone (a caramel toffee crunch...amazing) and walked around. I restrained myself from taking pictures of every flower box, but I had to take these! Aren't these flowers incredible?
After Windermere we climbed back on the bus and drove for a couple hours to Coventry Cathedral. It was really humbling to be there, because it was Germany's retaliation for the bombing and fire storm of Dresden, yet there was gospel everywhere promoting, love, brotherhood, and forgiveness.
It just started to rain as we were getting back on the bus, then it started to really pour. You don't have to watch the whole video, I was too lazy to edit it down. It's pretty fun though.
The Lake District was incredible and I'm so glad we went. It's a kind of reminder that the world we live in was designed for us, not only for utility but for beauty. The Lake District has been beautifully preserved and it would be incredible if I could be successful enough one day to buy a house there.














No comments:
Post a Comment