The sleepy Film Herd shuffled onto the train and rode out to Kew Gardens that morning. I was particularly excited, because you know how much I love to take pictures of flowers! :D And here I was, going to a place dedicated to flowers and beautiful growing things!! *maniacal laugh* >:D
I loved everything about everything at Kew Gardens. It had just finished raining, so there was water drops on everything and it was all fresh and beautiful.
Above: even the street leading to the gardens was gorgeous.
Below: Palm House!
Look at those cuties! :D
I love white bark trees.
Neeko and his GoPro...
Mandrakes are real!!
Hey! Remember these? We've seen them before! Still beautiful.
So beautiful! Lovely, lovely day.
Then that night, we went to the BFI again and watched Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers in Top Hat! Here's the big theater we were in:
It was fabulous! So fun, and the tap dancing was amazing! Astaire may be a skinny guy who's funny looking but handsome but funny looking, but man! He can dance! I also love how the dancing and singing in the film isn't unnatural--they're aware that they are bursting out into song and dance and react accordingly. It is a mistaken identity story, so that was frustrating, but it was also really fun and clever at the same time. So wonderful!
Just another incredible day on this side of the pond. :D






































.jpg)































































No comments:
Post a Comment