Ahem. So. Monday. Tower of London day! Let's jump into some pictures, shall we?
LOOK! It's ME! Clearly someone else took this picture. I just kifed it off Facebook. :D
Us waiting outside the flats to leave.
Malori is really excited to see this metal-bosomed horse armor.
Taking pictures of people taking pictures is my new favorite thing. :}
This is an awesome wavy sword.
P.S. There won't be as many pictures of my favorite objects because I did that back when my family visited. So those will appear on a later post. These are just the ones I noticed the second time 'round.
HUGE BOOK. It was a ledger keeping records of all the armory stores, I believe.
On top of the wall looking out at Tower Bridge! What a great looking group!
Here's a snap-shot of some of our class group between the inner and outer walls. I'm an awkward picture taker.
I also stole this fun one from facebook. :D
Next to the Thames with our little group!
The Tower is amazing, if a bit Disneyland-ish, if I can steal Dean's (my professor) phrasing. I got to see the Crown Jewels this time! No pictures allowed though. But they really are spectacular, and one can see why humans are obsessed with precious stones. They're incredibly beautiful.
Sorry, this post is going to be a bit short. I want to save my insights about the Tower for when I post about my family's visit, because that was my "first" visit.
Random fact: somehow I survived until 4pm on Pop Tarts eaten at 9am. I rewarded myself by going to Nando's and stuffing my face with a peri-peri chicken burger, fries, and bottomless, caffeinated Diet Coke. :D It was heavenly.
That night we went to our first movie at the BFI (British Film Institute. Last time I'm going to expand it, so quiz next time!) called Spring in a Small Town, a Chinese movie from 1948.
(a picture of our distressed heroine and love interest)
Before I get into the film, let us take a moment to discussing the theater seats. Guys, they were SO COMFY. I sat down and literally let out an, "Ohh...". I didn't move for the whole movie. Not that I really ever move that much anyway, but they were cushy but not too cushy, reclined but not too reclined.
Ok, now the movie. I really enjoyed it. It is about a wife who is trapped in a dull, monotonous, repetitive, lonely life, looking after a sick, distant husband when her childhood sweetheart visits unannounced. It was less sappy and cliché than it sounds, and was really very enjoyable. It didn't feel dated at all, and the filming and acting was wonderful.
I love going to the BFI. To get there, we take the tube to Embankment and walk across the Jubilee Bridge, which is always a great experience, then walk up the river, past the tagging/skater park (they used it in Sherlock when he was contacting his "underground," if you remember) and into this awesome building. It's right next to the National Theater, so that amazing.
Afterwards we took our time walking up and the river and finally back across and home. The prospect of all this homework was before me, and I was in mega-procrastination mode. So naturally when Kaitlin called me, asking if I wanted to get crepes, I said yes.
Here is what we ordered, and believe me when I say those crepes are huge! We got a New York Special (brie, bacon, egg, and...something else) and a dessert crepe with kiwi, mango, pineapple, banana, chocolate bits, coconut, and ice cream. :D :D :D
Is that all as delicious as it sounds? Why yes, yes it was. You have my permission to covet our crepes.
I got back, depressed to find that my crepe soiree (so French!) was over and nothing but homework awaited me, only to be told that the due date was pushed back to Thursday! Huzzah! See, the world rewards the lazy! :D
But that only meant that I had to do it all Wednesday night (that is, tonight). But its all done now! Until next week...








.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment