Monday! (As in last Monday, as in 7/14)
Ham House is a great house out in Richmond that belonged (if I'm remembering this right) to a family that was close friends with Charles II....ya. I think that's right. Anyway, it has been owned by that same family until a few decades ago when it fell into the state trust. So it has an amazing collection of art, furniture, and artifacts. Basically, the house is like a time capsule in many ways. We took the tube to the end of the line, walked along the Thames, and there it was.
The gardens were incredible, and I really loved the kitchen gardens. The café there used veggies and stuff from right outside. The gardener (on the wall below) had been working there since he was a boy. Except for 4 permanent groundsmen, the whole property and gardens are kept up by volunteers. I wish that could be my life...gardening and weeding out in the sun.
The grass was incredibly soft. Like cellulose-y, green ground fur.
The library was incredible! We couldn't move all the way into the room and the books were roped off, but just the fact that the house had a room just for books was awesome.
I wish I could take credit for this picture! Good on ya Collin for taking and thinking of this shot! Malori, Amy, me, and Collin. We stopped for ice cream and kids sandwiches (they're cheap) and sat in the glorious sun for awhile.
A chocolate hedgehog!! It was only 75p so I bought it....
...and bit off its head. :'( ... >:D
...blerarguehghehh....ERRRGGG *scrunches face*....poo. I can't remember what we did when we got back. HAHA! Accidental constipation noises. :D hehehehe
ANYWAY later that night we went to a French cinema called Cine Lumier and saw Cycling with Moliere. I liked it! It was very French and beautifully shot. I especially loved the color palette. A great contemplative movie to end a day filled with beauty and introspection.































No comments:
Post a Comment