Sunday, July 27, 2014

Abbey Road and Jackie Chan!

Last Thursday!




Need I say more? That first picture was a combination of skill and luck, because there were so many people crossing at once and it was rush hour. We were very surprised that it turned out so well! First try! *fist pump* Note Alexis's authentic no-shoes. :D The Beatles are incredible musicians and cultural icons, and it was so great to stand where they stood and see the famous studio.

The nearest tube stop was also closed on our way back due to over crowding, so we had a nice walk through some very fancy neighborhoods to the next station. Perfect weather too!

That night's feature at the BFI was Drunken Masters 2 starring Jackie Chan. So basically it was my favorite movie ever. Because I have a strange love for Jackie Chan. I blame Goblin Valley nights and the biography I read in 7th grade. Anyway, it was actually legitimately really good. Jackie Chan is amazing. :D His drunken boxing was so mesmerizing to watch because it was so fluid and seemed to defy gravity. Gah! He's so cool!

Here's a great clip: (FYI, the theory of drunken boxing is that alcohol gives you pain tolerance and strength. But later in the film it is shown that it is also dangerous, and his father disowns him for it)


Haha! He's such a great comedian. It's a little sad that it was dubbed, but Jackie does his own voice overs, so it was ok. I'm really liking all these Kung Fu movies we are going to. :D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment