Sunday, July 13, 2014

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2

Thursday!

I SAW IT. I FINALLY SAW IT!!! AND IT WAS SPECTACULAR!!



Holy cow!! Can we talk about the animation in the movie?!?! So gorgeous!! Toothless was SO incredible, although *SPOILER* I did NOT like zombie/mind-control Toothless. NOT OK. I also didn't like that they killed Stoick. From a critical standpoint, it was just an emotional jerker with no real plot driven reason. It wasn't like if Hiccup had died in the first one, that would've made sense, plotwise. His father would've changed and he would've died a hero/martyr. Stoick died a hero too, obviously, it was just a little useless. Why couldn't they have just let them be a happy family?!?! That better play out more in the third movie...

End spoiler. Oh, and the soundtrack is FANTASTIC. Seriously, some of the best recycling of melody motifs I've ever heard in a sequel. I basically added the whole album to my soundtrack playlist. We rode the tube all the way out to zone 3 but it was totally worth it. :D Best afternoon ever!

2 comments:

  1. *SPOILERS* So...about Stoic. I wouldn't say that his death was totally pointless. Without him dying Hiccup wouldn't have accepted his position as chief. He would have continued on as he had before, exploring the world with Toothless, with no real character development. His father's death, even though I disliked it as much as anyone else, made him accept responsibility and grow into the man he needed to be. Stoic had finished his character development arc by accepting Hiccup, dragons, and his wife who practically abandoned them. If you look at it that way it makes a little more sense. There was also the parallel of the two alphas fighting and the two chiefs fighting. The good dragon died....and so did the good chief. Anyway, just some thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valene! You are so right!!! Ahh, I feel much better about it now. The fact that I thought that DreamWorks had made a weak-plot film was bugging me, but now I see. :D Sheesh...its almost like you got a degree in this kinda stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete